Oh Boy, this is one tasty salad. One satisfying bite, after another. I personally like a crunch to my salad of course. But, my perfect salad also, has something creamy( cue the Blue Cheese and Avocado) and something a little tart bite (the Red Wine Vinegar, Lemon and mustard, bring out all the flavors). Add the delicious pecans for that Fall/Winter “feel” and…seriously, yum.
YOU WILL NEED:
3 heads of Endive
1 small head of Romaine
1 small avocado
1/4 cup Blue Cheese (Costco has a delicious Sheep’s milk version)
1/4 cup Pecans
1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vineger
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Mayonaise
1 Tablespoon Grain Mustard
1 teaspoon Lemon
Pepper (to taste)
Bacon bits (optional)
- Chop Endive and Romaine and reserve in a bowl.
- Chop pecans and sprinkle over greens.
- Add crumbled Blue Cheese
- Remove skin of avocado and cube. Add to greens mixture.
- In a small bowl or jar add the following Vinegar, Oil, Mayo, Mustard, Lemon, Pepper and whisk or emulsify until creamy.
- Drizzle over salad to taste and pepper to taste.
This salad is incredibly satisfying on its own and would also be delicious with several different proteins, as well. Let me know what you think! And, I hope you enjoy.